Our pain management program offers the following diagnostic and therapeutic services to prompt the patient toward improved function and reduction of pain difficulties:
• Nerve blocks and regional anesthesia.
• Physical and occupational therapy intervention including exercise and strengthening.
• Medical management of chronic pain.
• Emotional and psychological support for pain, which may include psychotherapy, stress management, relaxation training, meditation, biofeedback, behavioral modification, and assertiveness training. Psychological approaches regarding pain management are based on the belief that patients can do something on their own to control their pain, including changing attitudes, thoughts, feelings or behaviors associated with pain, or understanding how unconscious forces and past events have contributed to pain.
• Patient and family education and counseling.
• Alternative medicine and therapy treatments such as acupuncture and Reiki.