The Elliot Health System Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a group of volunteer community members who have experienced care at Elliot Health System as a patient, family member, or caregiver of an EHS patient. Advisors represent “the voice and perspective” of patients and family members in the community. These dedicated individuals work in partnership with Elliot Health System providers and staff on a variety of improvement initiatives, thus helping our caregivers better identify and understand the needs of our patient population. Through their distinct perspectives, each PFAC member provides input on issues that impact care, ensuring that the next patient or family member’s journey is easier.
Our PFAC goals
- ADVISE: The PFAC will work in an advisory role to enhance patient-family-centered care initiatives at EHS.
- SUPPORT: The PFAC will support EHS providers and staff in patient-family-centered activities and initiatives and provide input specific to the implementation of new and existing programs across EHS.
- PARTICIPATE: The PFAC will provide patient and family member representation for committees and work groups, including (but not limited to) patient safety, quality of care, and service excellence.
- IDENTIFY: The PFAC will identify best practices in patient-family-centered care and explore ways to replicate throughout Elliot Health System.
- REPRESENT: The PFAC will strive to represent Elliot Health System’s diverse patient and family perspectives about the EHS healthcare experience and make recommendations for improvement.
Our council meets regularly, and we are always seeking individuals who come from a cross-section of our community, have chosen Elliot Health System for their healthcare needs, and wish to enhance relationships between patients, providers, staff, and our community.
For more information about becoming a PFAC member, please call 603-663-2991.