- Label collection buffer tube with full name, date of birth, and date of collection.
- Use the collection paper inside the kit or the white hat provided to collect a bowel movement sample.
- Unscrew the top of the collection buffer tube and remove the applicator stick.
- Poke the spiral applicator into the stool at six different sites. Use only enough feces to cover the tip of the applicator. Do not clump, scoop or fill the tube.
- Once the applicator step has been completed, screw the applicator back into the collection tube and close tightly.
- Complete the information requested on the patient return form.
- Insert the collection tube along with the completed form into the foil envelope and seal tightly.
- Return to your provider’s office, an Elliot laboratory draw station, or Elliot Laboratory located at 1 Elliot Way, Manchester, NH.
For questions about colon cancer screening services, please contact The Elliot Laboratory Services.