Rehabilitation Specialty Programs
Geriatric Rehabilitation Program
The Elliot Rehabilitation Services Team is focused on promoting maximal independence for the older adult to enhance healthy aging. Geriatric Rehabilitation Therapy encompasses a wide array of conditions from mild issues to very complex issues.
Geriatric treatment may include some of the following:
- Orthopedic conditions: joint and muscle pain, arthritis, joint replacement surgery, osteoporosis
- Balance / Falls / Unsteady gait
- Vestibular disorders (vertigo, dizziness)
- Incontinence (urgency or leakage of urine, bowel accidents)
The Elliot Rehabilitation Team provides one-on-one care to older adults after a comprehensive evaluation and assessment of needs incorporating the goals and concerns of the older adult.
- Therapeutic exercise program individually designed to improve strength and mobility
- Manual therapy, including gentle joint movements and soft tissue movement to improve mobility and decrease pain
- Modalities including electrical stimulation or ultrasound if appropriate to improve function and reduce pain
- Neuromuscular re-education to improve balance/vestibular and enhance optimal function
- Functional activities to promote independence and safety
- Home exercise programs
Therapists with advanced geriatric experience provide care along with Geriatric Clinical Specialists (GCS), Orthopedic Clinical Specialists (OCS), Certified Hand Therapists (CHT), Certified Exercise Experts for Aging Adults (CEEAA) and LSVT Global Certified Therepists.
Elliot Rehabilitation Services / River’s Edge
Elliot Rehabilitation Services / Londonderry
Elliot Rehabilitation Services / Wellness Center
Elliot Rehabilitation Services / Hooksett
Elliot Rehabilitation Services / Senior Center
Inpatient Rehabilitation Services