The Mary & John Elliot Charitable Foundation
Coming Soon! New Regional Cancer Center
Elliot Health System has always been known for its high quality and compassionate cancer program. The challenge is that comprehensive care has been scattered among several different sites, making the cancer journey a challenge for patients and their families. This is all about to change when the new Elliot Regional Cancer Center opens its doors in the summer of 2020.
Features will include:
- Nearly all cancer services in one, convenient location at Elliot Hospital including hematology, oncology, radiation oncology, chemotherapy, screenings and support services
- An infusion and immune therapy center with spacious treatment rooms and amenities for patients and their families
- State-of-the-art technology including two linear accelerators that provide precision, high dose treatments while minimizing radiation exposure, and reducing complications and recovery times.
- An expanded Thoracic Oncology Surgery Program; the only in the immediate region
- Multidisciplinary conferences gathering a patient’s entire care team—including the patient’s primary care provider, oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, surgeons, and social workers—to discuss treatment plans and ensure close collaboration. A process that could otherwise take weeks is quickly facilitated
- An all-new Patient and Family Nurse Navigator Program to coordinate treatment and serve as the main contact for questions and concerns
- Dedicated oncology social workers
- A registered dietitian will offer nutrition assessments and develop individualized therapeutic diets
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and other services to help patients manage symptoms related to their cancer and treatment
- A survivorship program to develop individual plans guiding cancer patients in their transition from active treatment to life as a cancer survivor
- Palliative Care Services to support quality-of-life decisions and pain management
- Free support groups and programs including workshops on nutrition, yoga, reiki and other programs
Our comprehensive Breast Care Center will remain at Rivers Edge providing 3D mammography and 3-D breast biopsies by dedicated breast radiologists, and surgery by dedicated breast surgeons and plastic/reconstruction surgeons. Our mammography services in Londonderry and Webster Street will continue to serve patients.
“A cancer diagnosis can affect any individual in our community at any time. We need to be able to provide the most up to date care locally for our family members and neighbors when that critical need arises.”
Brian Knab, MD
Medical Director, Elliot Regional Cancer Center
This new center is a $33 million investment…
Currently there is a quite phase of a campaign to raise funds for this critically important new facility. More information will be available shortly. If you would like further information, please contact Kelli Rafferty at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 663-3091.